6 Reasons Why More People Are Opting for Liposuction
According to the 2019 American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) report, 265,209 people got Liposuction, a 3% jump from 2018. In 2019, the average cost for this procedure was $3,548. Also, despite there being several body contouring procedures in the market, Liposuction is the buzz “item” today.
Liposuction can help you to get rid of the obese body. Click the button below to book your appointment.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that targets stubborn fat pockets. Most people opt to get it as a simple way to get rid of fat. But for some people, it’s the second line-option, especially when dieting and constant exercise fails to yield results. Mainly, the abdomen hips, and arms are among the most suitable areas for Liposuction.
Dr. Charles Dujarrier performed the first procedure in 1921. Over time, owing to advancements in technology and techniques, Liposuction has become a safe and effective fat removal procedure.
There are different liposuction procedures; these include:
- Tumescent Liposuction – A procedure that involves injecting a specific fluid to unbind fat cells.
- Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL) – This type uses a medical rod to break up fat cells.
- Ultrasound Liposuction – A procedure that uses sound waves to break the fat cells apart.
- Laser Liposuction – This procedure utilizes laser energy to target stubborn fat cells.
How Liposuction Has Become the New Norm
1. It’s a Safe Surgical Procedure
According to the literature, the overall complication rate for Liposuction is relatively low at 2.4%. While every surgery has potential risks, complications are quite rare, especially when undergoing Liposuction alone and not combining other aesthetic procedures.
Also, recent advancements have made it less invasive, meaning that the surgeon makes a small incision unlike before. Besides, the recovery period is relatively short and depends on the type of procedure. Some people will go back to their work routines three days after getting lipo. Following your doctor’s postoperative instructions certainly helps to reduce downtime.
2. Lipo Has Excellent Health Benefits
Liposuction is not only done for aesthetic purposes but can treat several medical conditions, including:
- Gynecomastia – If you’re a man going for a breast reduction procedure, your doctor may recommend Liposuction instead of getting gynecomastia surgery- which is more invasive.
- Hyperhidrosis – Excessive sweating can cause anxiety due to the constant fear of sweat patches and bad odor. Liposuction deactivates the sweat glands without destroying the tissue. It’s more effective in treating the armpit as it is more straightforward and requires no downtime.
- Lipodystrophy – People with this condition can’t store or utilize fat properly. As a result, they might experience changes in their body shape and also suffer metabolism problems. Note that Liposuction can treat this abnormal fat gain on the neck area alone and not the abdomen—this is because it only targets subcutaneous and not visceral fat.
Liposuction can treat abnormal fat gain. Click the button below to book your appointment.
3. Produces Long-Lasting and Satisfactory Results
Liposuction offers long-term results as it lastingly gets rid of troublesome fat cells, which won’t regenerate. However, to maintain these results, you are advised to live a healthy lifestyle to avoid fat gain on untreated body parts. It would help if you exercised consistently and avoided over-processed food.
4. Improves Confidence
Gone are the days when you had to be content with “love handles” and flappy arms. For some women, this would mean not wearing your favorite bikini. While for the men, it meant avoiding your treasured comic t-shirt to avert the stares. Liposuction helps to boost one’s self-esteem, hence why it has become so popular.
5. It’s Customizable and Can Be Performed Together with Other Procedures
You can get Liposuction on virtually all areas of the body. For instance, you may choose to get rid of the stubborn fat on your buttocks to reduce dimpling. Additionally, you can decide to get rid of neck and cheek fat to get that contoured look. What’s more, your doctor can perform lipo alongside other cosmetic procedures such as a tummy tuck or butt lift.
6. Boosts Collagen Production
As we grow older, our body gradually stops producing collagen, a protein responsible for keeping our skin supple. Today, more people are looking to stay and feel younger, and have resorted to procedures that will help reduce wrinkles. The laser energy used in Liposuction boosts collagen production, making the skin look firm.
Potential Risks of Liposuction
As mentioned earlier, postoperative complications are infrequent, though not impossible. Some of these may include:
- Contour Deformity – Some patients have experienced folds, depressions, and wrinkles after getting Liposuction. These deformities are preventable through proper techniques and by using smaller tubes for the incisions
- Infections – Infections of the surgical site are very uncommon, especially if a skilled surgeon carries out the procedure. Inpatients are also safer because of constant monitoring.
- Fat Embolization – If you get a gluteal fat transfer, the risk of getting fat embolization is quite significant. Also, fat embolism has a high mortality rate compared to other complications. Close monitoring during the first 72 hours after Liposuction can help to detect and prevent this condition from escalating.
Liposuction can help against excessive weight gain. Click the button below to book your appointment.
Liposuction is currently the second most popular aesthetic procedure in the US. Its high efficacy, safety, and health benefits are, perhaps, why it is now becoming a new norm. If you are thinking of getting a Liposuction, you should visit a licensed doctor.
Contact Us at Mango Clinic to get Liposuction or click the banner below to book your appointment.