Belly fat not only affects the way you look but also ruins your confidence and predisposes you to a host of diseases like heart attack, diabetes, and colorectal cancer. Luckily, you can get rid of belly fat by eating healthy and exercising. While cardio is more instrumental in burning fat, strength training helps you build muscle, strengthen your core, and burn belly fat to give you flat and toned abs.
Reduce weight and get rid of the obese body. Click the button below to book your appointment.
If you can’t go to the gym and you have no equipment to use in strength training, you can utilize your body’s weight to provide resistance through bodyweight exercises. Below are 6 bodyweight exercises that you can incorporate into your workout routine to achieve flat abs.
1. Side-Plank Crunches
Side-plank crunches target your waist area and help you get rid of your muffin top as they engage the side area of your body. To perform a side-plank crunch,
- Lie down on your side and keep your feet straight and stacked on each other.
- Prop your body up using the right hand/elbow and hold your left hand on your head. In this position, bend your left leg and bring it to meet the elbow while keeping your body lifted and in a straight line before returning to your original position.
For the best results, do at least 3 sets of this exercise with 5-10 back and forth movements? Don’t forget to switch your position.
Being one of the endurance exercises that work abdominal muscles, sit-ups can make your abs flatter and more toned. To perform sit-ups, do the following.
- Lie on your back, bend your knees and keep your feet flat against the floor
- Place both your hands at the back of your head, engage your core, and lift your upper body to bring your head towards your knees.
- Lower your body back to the starting position and repeat.10-15 sit-ups are ideal for flat abs.
You can also opt to lie down flat instead of bending your knees, or do sit-ups with twists to better engage your oblique muscles depending on how challenging you want them to be.
3. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers give you the benefit of both strength training and cardio.
- Start with both of your hands on the floor in front of you like you are doing a high plank.
- While keeping on your toes, draw your right leg forward to your torso then take it back to the original position.
- Repeat the movement with your left leg and keep alternating for as long as you deem necessary to make it look like you are running.
When doing this exercise, try as much as possible not to move your upper body. Once you are comfortable enough with the exercise, you can challenge yourself by increasing your speed.
Get help from weight loss doctors for excessive weight gain. Click the button below to book your appointment.
4. Dead Bug
The dead bug pose targets your deep abdominal muscles to flatten your abs and narrow your waist.
- Begin by lying down on your back with your hands raised to the ceiling and your legs bent at 90 degrees over your hips.
- Stretch out your right leg slowly while at the same time lowering your left hand until both are just above the ground, then bring them back to the starting position.
- Repeat the process with the left leg and right hand and avoid arching your back during the exercise.
To make it more difficult, try holding your leg and arm just above the ground for between 5 and 10 seconds.
5. Boat Pose
The boat pose targets your lower abs.
- Start by sitting upright, bending your knees, and maintaining your feet flat on the floor.
- Lean back slightly while your knees are still bent, and then raise your legs until your body is in a V-shape.
- To complete the pose, stretch out your arms with your palms facing inwards and hold this position for at least 30 seconds. Repeat as many times as you desire
Challenge yourself by keeping your stretched out legs closer to the floor and holding the position for longer.
Burpees are used both for strength training and in aerobic exercise as they work the entire body. This means that they are all-rounded and will help you burn belly fat and tone your abs at the same time.
- Start your burpees by going into a squat position and placing your hand on the ground just in front of you.
- Kick your feet back to get into a plank position before jumping back towards your hands so that your feet are slightly outside your hands.
- Lastly, leap into the air with your arms above your head before getting back to the starting position and repeating the whole process.
You can incorporate a push up while in the plank position to make it more challenging, or step into the plank position instead of jumping to it to make it easier.
A prescribed medicine from expert physicians can make you lose belly fat. Click the button below to book your appointment.
Incorporating the above exercises in your workout routine will give you flat and toned abs. If you are trying to lose weight, it is necessary to consult a professional for the best advice.