REFUND, APPOINTMENTS, CANCELLATIONS, AND MISSED APPOINTMENTS POLICY
Last updated: July 26, 2021
Our goal at Mango Clinic (the “Clinic,” “Company,” “we,” “us”) is to ensure that quality medical care is always provided in a timely and efficient manner. This policy enables us to better utilize available appointments for our patients needing immediate care. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions of Use and clicking “accept”, you explicitly acknowledge that you have read, understand, and accept all terms and conditions contained within including this Refund, Appointments, Cancellations, and Missed Appointments Policy (the “Policy”). If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, including this Policy, you are not authorized to access or use the Platform, Application, or Services as defined by the Terms and Conditions; promptly exit the Platform.
Our online Platforms, as defined in our Terms and Conditions, allows a patient to REQUEST a preferred date and time of an appointment. Requesting a specific date and time DOES NOT guarantee that a specific date and time shall be available for all appointment requests are tentative and subject to availability of a provider, type of visit requested, geographic location of either a patient or a provider, or both, or other factors. And while we always strive to honor or find the most convenient and closest available slot to the originally requested appointment date and time, our inability to do so does not constitute grounds for requesting a refund. The requested appointment date and time are not final UNTIL verified and confirmed by the Clinic or a provider.
A COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE WILL TYPICALLY CONTACT YOU DURING OUR NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS OF RECEIVING PAYMENT TO CONFIRM YOUR APPOINTMENT UNLESS A PROVIDER DIRECTLY CONFIRMS YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH YOU VIA EMAIL. YOU MAY ALSO CONTACT THE CLINIC TO EXPEDITE THE SCHEDULING PROCESS.
Patients agree to pay the visit/procedure fee in full according to the fee schedule. Patients understand that these fees are NOT covered by HMO insurance plans (in-network coverage); therefore, the payment in full must be remitted prior to the scheduled date and time of an appointment and is the sole responsibility of the patient. Patients are required to pay their account balances to zero (0) prior to receiving further services by our practice.
- Cancellation of an Appointment and “No-Shows.”
In order to be respectful of the medical needs of other patients, please be courteous and call the office promptly if you are unable to attend or be present for a scheduled appointment. This time will be reallocated to someone who is in urgent need of treatment. If it is necessary to cancel your scheduled appointment, we require that you notify us at least twenty-four hours in advance. Calling early in the day is appreciated. Appointments are in high demand, and your early cancellation will give another person the opportunity to have access to timely medical care.
- How to Cancel Your Appointment.
To cancel appointments, please call (786) 422-9327 or email at [email protected] If you do not reach the receptionist you may leave a detailed message on the voice mail. If you would like to re-schedule your appointment, please be sure to leave us your phone number and let us know the best time to return your call. You can re-schedule your appointment online here.
- Late Cancellations.
Any late cancellations will be considered a “no-show.” Exceptions will only be made in extraordinary circumstances. Cancellations made more than twenty-four hours in advance of your scheduled appointment time will not be deemed a “no-show” nor would a cancellation fee apply.
Any missed appointment shall be deemed a “no-show” when a patient misses an appointment without notifying a clinic or its answering service twenty-four hours prior to the scheduled date and time of the appointment. “No-shows” inconvenience those individuals who need access to medical care in a timely manner, as well as a healthcare provider. Failure to be present at the time of a scheduled appointment will be recorded in the patient’s chart as a “no-show”. First-time “no-shows” are not subject to a no-show fee. However, any subsequent “no-show” shall result in a fee of $30.00 for regular appointments and $50.00 for procedures.
In the event when payment by a credit or debit card is not accessible to a patient, a $30.00 cash deposit shall be required to schedule any future appointments and a $50.00 cash deposit will be required prior to appointments involving procedures. This amount shall be deducted from your final bill on the day of the appointment. Payments in form of a check or money order are not accepted.
This section applies to general refund requests. For additional information and conditions concerning refunds associated with Emotional Support Animal appointments please see the ESA Letters Special Refund Policy.
If and only if the Clinic owes you a refund due to an overpayment or credit balance, shall the Clinic issue a refund after our billing department has verified it, UNLESS other balances owed to the Clinic or a provider, in which case the total amount refunded is prorated by the amount(-s) owed. The Company credits your credit or debit card, or issues a cash refund, contingent upon how you made your initial payment, within forty-eight hours of receiving such a request.
ALL requests for refunds and appointment cancellations must be submitted by notifying the Clinic via telephone or email NO LATER than twenty-four hours prior to the time of a scheduled appointment or within seventy-two hours after the scheduled appointment if at least one of the following conditions apply:
- An appointment does not take place as scheduled or within five hours of the scheduled time through no fault of the patient and because:
- a provider is unable to proceed with an appointment due to her personal reasons or the reasons that legally, medically, or ethically prevent a provider from seeing a patient; or
- an appointment is unable to commence due to technical errors on the part of the Company, an error is not resolved within five hours of the scheduled appointment time, and a patient is unable to reschedule for a different day.
- The Company or a provider fails to communicate with a patient to schedule or confirm an appointment within seventy-two hours of receiving payment and a completed medical intake form, UNLESS a patient fails to respond to communications from the Clinic or a provider, and the Clinic or a provider has made at least one reasonable attempt to contact a patient.
NO REFUNDS SHALL BE ISSUED IN THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS:
- after a provider has performed her services, i.e., after consultation, therapy session, and/or procedure with/performed by a provider;
- a provider–using her professional discretion and training–having conducted an evaluation during a visit with a patient prescribes a medically appropriate form of treatment basing her decision on such an evaluation, risk analysis, and past medical history, and a patient refuses to accept such a prescribed treatment and insists on a different form of treatment or prescription, that is disregarding or challenging the provider’s professional judgment;
- a patient places extreme pressure on a provider during a visit to prescribe a certain type of medication despite the provider’s professional advice, especially if that medication is a controlled substance;
- a patient “changes her mind” after successfully completing a consultation with a provider; or
- a patient fails to complete the required Medical Intake Form, provide a valid picture ID, or provide documents requested by a provider or the Clinic in time before the appointment.
All eligible refunds will be processed within two business days. Please wait at least ten business days before contacting support if you do not see the refunded amount on your bank statement.
ESA Letters Special Refund Policy.
We at Mango Clinic are committed to customer satisfaction and providing excellent service. Our policy is to refund patients in full if we are unable to provide them with an ESA letter so that they can always come back to us for other healthcare services in confidence.
- When do I qualify for a 100% money-back guarantee?
- If you are not approved for an ESA letter by a medical/mental health provider.
- If you are approved for an ESA letter by a medical/mental health provider but experiencing problems with your landlord/housing association accepting the letter ONLY IF:
- after we have made multiple attempts to directly resolve the issue with your landlord/housing association and are still unsuccessful; or
- we have failed to communicate with your landlord/housing association within a reasonable period of time to confirm your request.
- How do I request a refund?
- Every request for a refund must be submitted in writing by email within 30 calendar days of the ESA letter issue date.
- Every request for a refund based on (I)(B)(1) of this ESA Letters Special Refund Policy must be accompanied by supporting documentation/evidence from the respective landlord/housing association or their legal representatives (e.g., a notice of rejection, denial of a reasonable accommodation request, the official response to a request for accommodation stating it was denied, etc.).
- All eligible refunds will be processed within three business days. Please wait at least ten business days before contacting support if you do not see the refunded amount on your bank statement.
NO REFUNDS SHALL BE ISSUED IN THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS:
- no refunds shall be issued to patients who “change their minds” after successfully completing their consultation with a medical/mental health provider and receiving the ESA letter; or
- no refunds shall be issued to patients who are unable to provide supporting documents as required by (II)(B) of this ESA Letters Special Refund Policy.
For any questions concerning a refund due, you may contact us:
- by mail: 434 SW 12th Ave, Ste 206, Miami 33130;
- by email: [email protected];
- by telephone: +(786) 422-9327
The Select Third Parties, as defined in our Terms and Conditions of Use, are not responsible for providing support for the application portions of the Platform and may not be contacted for support.