Patients with the following conditions should also use Lemborexant with great caution:
- Child-Pugh class A or class B liver impairment.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Complex sleep behaviors like sleepwalking or eating/driving while asleep.
- Complicated or decreased lung function.
- Sleep apnea.
- Recurrent daytime sleep episodes.
Additionally, this medication should not be used in narcolepsy patients as Dayvigo side effects, such as sleep paralysis and muscle weakness, are similar to narcolepsy symptoms.
Dayvigo drug, also known as Lemborexant, is a new sleep medication for adults. Lemborexant is an FDA-approved drug and a controlled substance classified under Schedule IV. Though an effective insomnia treatment, the medication has some severe side effects, which should be taken into account. Dayvigo may also cause addiction in some people, particularly anyone with a history of addiction. Consult our doctors to know if you need medications to deal with insomnia and what drug will help you best.