Allergic Side Effects of Strattera
Some patients taking Strattera may experience an allergic reaction, as with several other medications. Strattera’s clinical studies did not record this side effect, although some patients may experience a minor allergic reaction with the following symptoms:
- Skin rash
What are the Warnings and Risks of Taking Strattera?
A drug’s safety and side effects can be minimized by considering several risk factors. The following atomoxetine warnings should be kept in mind.
- Interaction with other medications. Several drugs, specific meals, and supplements may interact with Strattera leading to negative outcomes. These may be impaired drug effectiveness or intensified or multiplied side effects. Therefore, you should tell your doctor if you are taking any other medications (such as antidepressants) before taking Strattera.
- Other medical conditions. If you have other medical conditions, taking Strattera might not be a good idea. To determine if taking this medication is beneficial for you or not, it is preferable to speak with your doctor in full about your health situation.
- Pregnancy. Strattera may not be safe to use when pregnant. Before your doctor prescribes Strattera, make sure to let them know if you’re pregnant or attempting to get pregnant. Your doctor might recommend a different course of treatment. They could advise you to stop using Strattera if you become pregnant while taking it.
- Breastfeeding. The safety of taking Strattera during nursing is unknown. Researchers have not investigated the drug’s possible effects on breast milk or breastfed children. If you are breastfeeding or want to breastfeed, discuss this with your doctor before beginning treatment with Strattera.
- Withdrawal. Even if there are no withdrawal symptoms, it is advised not to stop taking this drug suddenly. Before stopping Strattera, first, consult your doctor. You will be recommended to gradually reduce your dose over time so that your body can become used to receiving progressively less drug.
Many of the possible negative effects, like insomnia, associated with psychostimulants are not present in Strattera users. Still, seek immediate medical attention if you have any anomalies or side effects of Strattera. Mango Clinic’s team of mental health specialists is available to you if you have any questions.