You must be aware of how anxiety affects people or you may have been close to someone who experiences this disorder. Anxiety is characterized by signs such as panic, worry, stress, and anything that can possibly go wrong with your overall well-being.
Apparently, more than 40 million grown-ups are diagnosed with anxiety in the United States every year. If you project this number on a global scale, you will find out that hundreds of millions of people are suffering from an anxiety disorder.
Those with anxiety problems may find it difficult to get jobs that fit their unfortunate lifestyle. Many of these individuals suffer to the extent that they cannot find appropriate jobs due to their situation. If you are in this category, rest assured that there’s a long-term solution for you as far as finding jobs for people with anxiety is concerned.
Looking for proper anxiety treatment? Click the button below to book your appointment.
Almost every adult understands what anxiety entails. This is a term that is well-known by nearly everyone although it is imperative to draw a clear line between good anxiety and bad anxiety.
What Is Anxiety?
By definition, anxiety is a term used to describe an individual’s body’s psychological response to fight and flight emotions including the alertness needed to face some stressful situations that arise due to usual daily challenges in life. The main problems are experienced when symptoms associated with anxiety are persistent for a long time. When anxiety persists for long, it may negatively affect your daily life. Anxiety may also lead to stress and excessive worry which can prevent you from performing usual activities.
Can Anxiety Stop You from Working?
In longer spells, anxiety can stop you from attending to your work-related duties. This can happen when you start to experience negative thoughts and ideas such as fear, panic, phobias, suicidal thoughts, and frequent procrastination. All these signs can be a challenge to your career since anxiety disorder will not allow you to perform optimally in the workplace.
However, there is always a way to survive in the work environment even if you have an anxiety disorder. The most appropriate way to stay productive while battling with anxiety is to choose jobs that don’t expose you to stressors and triggers. A large percentage of these jobs are manageable and less stressful because they require less supervision. In addition to that, you can do these jobs remotely away from noisy, disorganized, and chaotic places.
Here is a comprehensive explanation of our top 21 jobs that people with anxiety disorder can choose:
1. Freelance Writer
Freelance writers are just like any other ordinary writer but they work on a self-employed basis at their own convenience. If you become a freelance writer, you can work for multiple clients from any part of the world. In addition, you will get paid according to the number of assignments you can do at a given period of time.
The advantage of being a freelancer can be seen today, especially during this tough COVID-19 season. Working remotely has suddenly become a trend and many people are already adapting to the idea of working in the comfort of their homes.
Below are common freelance writing jobs that you can engage in if you are suffering from an anxiety disorder:
- SEO Writer
- Freelance Bloggers
- Academic Writer
- Content Writer
- Professional Writer
The main advantage of taking up freelance writing gigs is that you won’t need to have specific professional experience or a college degree to start. All you will need is good grammar, exemplary research skills, a computer, reliable internet, and good typing skills and you are good to go. Whether you’re a secretary, housewife, or writing enthusiast, freelance writing can be a great option for you.
Freelance writing is a kind of job that best suits individuals with anxiety. This is attributed to the fact that it requires you to work at a place of your choice such as your home. Unlike the traditional writing professions like journalism, freelance writing does not require you to have any form of interaction with other people or leave your place of work to socialize with the masses.
How to Become a Freelancer?
To become a freelancer, you need to do the following:
- Identify your goals and go for them: In this regard, you have to ask yourself which kind of freelance writing you want to venture into. You may decide to become a creative writer or a blogger. Whichever choice you decide on, make sure it doesn’t give you a lot of pressure.
- Know your niche: Writing is wide and diverse. Therefore, finding your most appropriate niche is the first step you can make before you start to work as a freelance writer. You can choose to write about food, beauty products, education, health, sports and many more.
- Make a robust portfolio: Most clients don’t care about the number of academic certificates or college degrees you hold. What they want are your previous work samples to be sure that you can work on their projects as required. So, a robust and well-illustrated portfolio will act as your bargaining power when it comes to freelance writing.
- Look for a reliable platform to find clients: Many online platforms offer freelance writing services to clients from all over the world. These platforms act as a link between prospecting freelance writers and clients who want their work done. Perfect examples of such platforms include Upwork, Fiverr, and many more.
How Much Should You Expect to Earn while Working as a Freelance Writer?
The payment varies from one platform to another or from client to client depending on the workload, niche, and quality needed. For instance, in the United States, a freelance writer can make up to $52,212 a year. This is a substantial income to keep you going, especially now that the pandemic is keeping people in lockdown.
Save yourself from the risks of anxiety. Click the banner below to book your appointment.
2. IT Specialist
Patients with anxiety disorder can also work as IT specialists. This option comes as no surprise given that most top companies and organizations are constantly looking for experienced, knowledgeable, and talented IT experts. If you possess excellent IT skills, this could be your most ideal job despite your anxiety.
Quite a number of IT-related professions are gradually shifting from traditional office-based work to remote working, particularly now that there is a COVID-19 pandemic. So people with anxiety disorder, social anxiety, or phobias can benefit more from this great opportunity.
IT specialist job involves the following simple tasks:
- Providing clients with the latest techniques of data collection as well as data storage
- Perform design surveys
- Prepare and submit a different type of reports
- Document any type of changes in the system
- Establish and revise all types of available databases
- Do the organization, analysis, and interpretation of vital information
- Create and install reliable securities to keep the company’s data safely and confidently
- Design and develop software and techniques that can meet the organizational requirements
You may try your luck and skills with remote computer programming job opportunities if your anxiety disorder makes you nervous when working or meeting with many people. This type of IT-related job limits your interaction with many people.
The only way you can communicate with other people is through software, messengers, and emails. At least you will feel comfortable reaching out to many people even without meeting them physically. Also, working remotely on your computer will help save you from the triggers of social anxiety.
How to Become an IT Specialist?
To become an IT specialist, you should have the following requirements:
- Get the relevant degree. You need a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or any relevant discipline that deals with IT to meet the threshold requirements to work as an IT specialist
- Get your college certificates
- Gain relevant IT experience (optional)
- In case you are taking self-study in the IT field, you will need a good portfolio that showcases your skills
- Show your IT skills in the best way you can
How Much Does an IT Specialist Earn?
Just like other professionals elsewhere, an IT specialist salary can vary considerably. But in the US you can make as much as $54,495 per year.
Get anxiety medications from expert physicians. Click the button below to book your appointment.
3. Animal Trainer
If your anxiety disorder makes you annoyed or uneasy when working with other people, you should become an animal trainer. In this sense, your duties and responsibilities will revolve around domestic animals and pets such as dogs.
Working closely with a large number of people can possibly trigger your anxiety disorder or exaggerate symptoms associated with your health condition. People around you may also fail to get along well with you due to your mental status. Therefore, working in such a hostile environment for someone with anxiety problems can prove impossible.
In this regard, you should consider staying around animals. This is considered one of the best therapies for those suffering from an anxiety disorder.
Some people go as far as adopting emotional support animals to help them manage their anxious minds. Being close to some animals can calm your situation in addition to keeping your nervous system and cardiovascular system stable. This is attributed to the fact that animals, especially pets, tend to calm or reduce the effects of anxiety attacks better than staying close to your fellow human beings.
As an animal trainer, your responsibility will involve the following practices:
- Train animals with the aim of helping them perform specific tasks
- Take good care of animals’ health
- Observe and monitor their behavior
- Help some animals to settle well with human companions
- Learn how to work side by side with service animals
How to Become an Animal Trainer?
To become an animal trainer, you must fulfill the following conditions:
- Be a specialist who trains specific types of animal species such as cats, dogs, marine animals, and many more
- Work close with animals to develop some comfort levels with them for a while
- Attain a bachelor’s or associate’s degree
- Start working with animals as an entry-level trainer
- Acquire relevant licenses or certificates showing that you can work with animals
- Gain some experience before joining a professional organization
If you are diagnosed with social anxiety, you may acquire additional training to become a veterinary technician. This profession will enable you to train different animal types.
How Much Does an Animal Trainer Earn?
On average, an animal trainer can earn about $24,990 in one year.
If you have an anxiety disorder, you may experience panic, restlessness, and worry most of the time. This state of anxious mind can make it really difficult to work or concentrate on your tasks where there are many people. Anxious individuals are usually in need of a peaceful and relaxed environment.
Since you may want to earn a living or keep yourself busy, working as a librarian will help you have a fulfilling career despite your anxiety disorder. As a librarian, you are likely to work in a relaxed setup away from many people. Besides, you will have a good chance to read many helpful books. Reading also helps to slow down your mental decline because it relieves anxiety and stress for a very long time.
There are different types of libraries you can work in. They include medical or public libraries among others. Your duties as a librarian will depend solely upon the type of library you will be working in. Regardless, the main responsibility of a library is to carry out research and collect vital information for professional and personal use.
That being said, your duties will involve the following:
- Organizing the library assets
- Creating a reliable database for all library materials
- Carry out enough research on new books
- Read through and understand various reviews
- Maintain the conditions within the library
- Make a list of what is supposed to be purchased for the library
- Manage library budgets properly
How to Become a Librarian?
To become a librarian, you will need these requirements:
- Have full knowledge about the science behind the library
- Look for potential career paths related to a librarian
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Enroll in Masters in Library & Information Science (MLIS) programs
- Gain experience from working in your local library
- Earn additional credentials and certifications
How Does Being a Librarian Help with Your Anxiety Disorder?
Once you become a librarian, you will have many overlapping responsibilities to handle. However, this line of work has the advantage of managing your anxiety and keeping you away from anything that can trigger your condition. The library environment will limit you from having to deal with many people. For instance, a smaller library will keep you from the agony of meeting short deadlines, experiencing stressful situations, and dealing with the extra workload.
How Much Does a Librarian Earn?
The annual salary that you can earn while working as a librarian can range from 56,979 to $78,357.
5. Counseling Psychologist
Dealing with anxiety comes with its own share of problems. As a result, those suffering from anxiety disorder find it hard to perform their duties in the workplace. This calls for another alternative when it comes to taking up some jobs.
Counseling psychology can be a better choice of work that you may choose if you have anxiety problems. You can take up this job if you believe that you are an emotionally sensitive person with expertise in problem-solving matters.
Keep in mind that problem-solving tasks have higher credibility for one simple reason; becoming one of the counseling psychologists entails the need to have a better understanding of patients’ problems.
You also need to be a good listener, be able to identify their stressors as well as building a robust patient-counselor relation that revolves around trust and empathy. Once you have these important skills, you will find counseling psychology to be a satisfying and enjoyable profession.
Further, being a counseling psychologist will benefit you in two major ways:
- You will be in a better position to observe, evaluate and even diagnose your patient’s mental condition.
- You will find it easy to keep your brain well optimized due to frequent counseling that improves your empathetic behavior in the long run.
However, you will require essential skills to make your counseling therapy a success. The skill that you need is your ability to highly analyze the mindset of different clients. On top of that, you should be in a position to evaluate your clients’ psychoanalytic levels properly.
Once you become a counseling psychologist, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Assessment of patients and recording their detailed medical history
- Building trust through conversation
- Implementation of trial treatments
- Monitoring your patients’ symptoms throughout their treatment
- Making differential diagnosis where necessary
- Plan and execute multiple visits
- Being in a position to deliver services to different groups of patients
How to Become a Counseling Psychologist?
To join the counseling psychology profession, you need the following requirements:
- A degree in counseling psychology will be an added advantage
- Look for a state license to allow you to perform counseling psychology
- Sharpen your counseling skills by frequent practicing
- Acquire verbal and observational skills
- Instill empathetic behavior within yourself while attending to your patients
- Equip yourself with analytical skills and a mindset
- Have excellent diagnostic skills
How Much Do Counseling Psychologists Earn?
As a counseling psychologist, you are likely to earn up to $78,200 per year.
Find a healthy way to cope with an anxiety disorder to get rid of irrational fear. Click the button below to book your appointment.
6. Painter/ Artist
As usual, artists are professionals with exceptional skills. They are famous for their creativity, originality, and depth in their research. If you are an artist, you are probably equipped with different techniques.
Given that you rely on your skills and creativity, you may choose to work privately on your own time. Apart from that, you can be hired by a company to utilize your talent to your advantage.
Check out the many artistic fields you can specialize in:
- Fiber Artist
- Ceramic Artist
- Fine-Art Painter
- Jewelry Artist
- Glass Artists
- Sketch Artists
- Tattoo artists
- Video artists
Being an artist can greatly help you to manage your anxiety disorder. This is due to the art’s therapeutic effect to relax your anxious mind. When you create something new through your creativity your mind becomes relaxed and satisfied with the outcome.
Better still, your creativity is extremely helpful with mental health disorders including other problems such as addiction, PTSD, eating disorders, substance abuse, physical illnesses, and many more.
If you put into consideration the prevailing situation brought about by COVID-19, working in the comfort of your home can be the best option now. The pandemic and lockdown do not allow you to visit studios or galleries. Instead, you can do all your artistic tasks at home and sell your finished products through numerous social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, among others.
You can also create your own website to sell your pieces of art to willing buyers. Most importantly, your artwork can help with anxiety disorder so you can lead a happy life.
Below are additional benefits that come with art:
- Improved self-esteem
- Distraction from potential stressors
- Discovery of your artistic capability
- Helps you to eliminate feelings of fear
Some studies show that creating a piece of art helps to increase dopamine levels. As you may be aware, dopamine is the brain chemical that makes you feel good. Not to mention uplifting your mood and easing out symptoms related to anxiety.
How to Become a Professional Artist?
To become a professional artist, you must meet these requirements:
- Identify and specialize in your own form of arts (niche)
- Learn the basics of art
- Find out where you excel the most
- Acquire a fine-arts degree, have basic tutorials, or attend art classes
- Do as much practice as you can
- Develop your own unique style
- Learn more about the available options
How Much Can You Earn when You Work as an Artist?
It is possible to earn an annual salary of approximately $47,865 to $65,464.
7. Fitness Trainer
Fitness trainers are in high demand across the United States and elsewhere as people strive to keep themselves fit. The trend is even growing as more and more people turn to work out as a quick way to keep themselves toned. Your mental health professional will also encourage you to start physical activity to help manage your anxiety disorder.
The best part of becoming a fitness trainer is to keep yourself fit both physically and mentally. Physical activities are known to increase levels of endorphins, which are released in your body. Endorphins are a type of brain chemicals that play a significant part in easing out your anxiety while controlling your emotions to make you stay calm.
Regardless of your age, you can still become a physical trainer. The main objective of physical training is to provide motivation to those exercising to stay healthy. The whole exercise is geared towards promoting physical activities such as physical exercises, strength training, stretching exercises, and cardiovascular exercises. Once you become a physical trainer you should look forward to working with different age groups.
Physical training requires you to do the following:
- Demonstrate to your clients how they can do various exercises in a more appropriate way and safely
- Keep a close eye on those doing exercises while ensuring that their body forms stay in the correct posture
- Train your clients using alternative exercise options like resistive training and aquatic exercises
- Record each client’s training progress
- Start progressive exercises
- Make sure all rules and regulations regarding physical exercise are followed all the time
- Enlighten your clients about the importance of eating healthy food, lifestyle choices, and the risks of being overweight
- Must have prior knowledge about first aid and advanced trauma life support just in case of an emergency
Fitness training jobs are in various categories such as:
- Group Fitness Trainers
- Personal Fitness Trainers
- Fitness Director
- Specialized Fitness Trainers
How to Become a Physical Trainer?
Here is everything you need to become a physical trainer:
- Acquire a high school diploma
- Have a bachelor’s degree especially in health and fitness fields
- Get a physical fitness license or certificate
- Get certified as a physical trainer before you get started
How Much Does a Fitness Trainer Earn?
Most physical trainers earn an average salary of about $48,102 in one year.
8. Graphic Designer
Graphic designing is increasingly becoming a popular profession. Aside from that, graphic designers are already famous and highly sought-after individuals. Almost every company you come across has one or several graphic designers hired at different times.
On top of that, high-profile celebrities and even newbies in the celebrity world need highly experienced graphic designers to make their Instagram profiles and social media profiles look appealing to their followers and fans alike.
Graphic designing is actually one of the top jobs with the highest recruitment rate during this time of COVID-19. The job gives the option of delivering your services while working at home. You don’t have to be necessarily in the workplace to perform. The graphic designer job entails a lot of different operations. Mostly it is based on visual grounds.
Graphic designers have the responsibility of creating different types of images, infographics with texts, and high-quality, detailed illustrations. Their work has to be eye-catching, unique, and pleasing to their target audience. They also have to strive in order to achieve the right digital branding of a given company or client. Their digital branding must also have a clear message to the intended audience.
The graphic designers’ responsibility entails working with a team of highly creative members. They are also required to share information, new ideas and produce top-quality original content.
As a graphic designer, you may also be required to create an important guideline for specific branding materials. Furthermore, you may need to create visual content by use of various font types and sizes including colors.
Any type of graphic design can be either virtual or manual. Besides, your ability to create and explore new ideas can be a better way to engage your mind and skills towards creating things that appeal and give you satisfaction. As such your creative work will help lower your anxiety and make you feel more relaxed and happy than before.
Different types of graphic design jobs are available today and they include:
- Web Designer
- Multimedia Designer
- Layout Designer
- Art Designer
- Flash Designer
- Photoshop Artist
For you to become a graphic designer, you need to follow a very simple process. The process requires you to have a degree, especially in graphic design in addition to joining and completing various internships in the graphic design field.
The next step requires you to work and improve your graphic designing skills. A great portfolio should come in handy to showcase your skills and level of graphic designing.
Finally, you should always stay updated with the latest trends in this field. Then you should find either a company-based graphic designer job or a freelance one. In this case, you should opt for a freelance job that will give you absolute freedom to work in the comfort of your home.
How Much Does a Graphic Designer Earn?
When you work as a graphic designer, you should look forward to an average salary of about $46,285 a year.
9. Delivery Drivers
One of the low-pressure jobs for people with anxiety is the delivery driver job. These jobs have become very popular during this time of COVID-19 because the marketplace has drastically shifted to online buying and selling of goods. And the only way to connect buyers and sellers is through the delivery drivers.
Given that delivery drivers are currently in high demand, you can venture into this field to meet the needs of consumers and sellers. Your work as a delivery driver will act as a perfect link between the producers and sellers of goods and consumers of the said products.
As a matter of fact, most companies have completely increased the perks and ease of delivering goods to their customers. So, you have a better chance of landing the delivery driver job that is not only less stressful but also enjoyable since you will be moving from place to place while briefly interacting with different people.
What does the delivery person/driver entail? A delivery person can be anyone hired by a company to deliver goods from the source/company to the customers. Usually, delivery drivers have routes they are designated to take while delivering items to consumers. Their main task is to ensure that goods reach customers safely and on time.
Additional responsibilities of delivery drivers include:
- Transporting, packing, and delivering all sorts of products to various destinations
- Taking a review of order details and ensuring that the amount of money paid for the items is correct
- Handling clients complaints and other issues professionally
- Stick to the right schedule
- Receive order payments
- Follow all traffic laws and maintain a pleasant driving profile
Critical requirements for one to become a delivery person are simple and straightforward. You just need a school diploma and a valid driving license. You may also need to look for a special driving license if you’re using certain types of vehicles to deliver items. Most significantly, you have to follow the law and all safety guidelines as well as proper time management. Customer service skills should come in as the key to your success.
What Should You Expect to Earn if You Choose to Work as a Delivery Person?
The average salary for a delivery person is about $16.0 an hour in the US.
Get immediate anxiety treatment and live a normal life. Click the button below to book your appointment.
10. Masseuse/Massage Therapist
How about becoming a masseuse or massage therapist? A masseuse is an individual who performs different types of body massage. The technique used in this form of therapy is the manipulation of joints or soft tissues in the client’s body.
Massage therapy is a trend across different communities. People have discovered the relaxing effect of massage in their lifestyle, so they are ready to spend a few dollars to have this form of therapy.
Besides providing everlasting relaxation, massage therapy extends to concepts such as healing injuries, pain relief, stress relief, improvement of blood circulation, and helping the clients achieve their overall wellness.
How Do You Benefit once You Become a Massage Therapist?
Being a masseuse can help you secure your work in a peaceful and quiet environment. These places are known as massage parlors and they offer personal space and privacy for both the client and the massage therapist.
If you have anxiety disorders, this job will give you peace of mind because it does not have any tantalizing duties or responsibilities. Also, you don’t have to worry about communicating with clients because some can be rude, stubborn, or stressed.
Your main duties as a massage therapist will include:
- Taking proper diagnosis of your client’s condition and check their symptoms as well as skin integrity
- Documenting your clients’ conditions and progression before, during, and after therapy
- Manipulating muscles, tissue, and joints professionally
- Guiding your clients during the therapy
- Checking for any sensitive or painful areas
- Being able to rule out some red flags among patients of certain age groups
Once you start working as a massage therapist, you will have to use different kinds of lotions, oils, massage chairs, and much other equipment. But you will require skills such as high communication, knowledge about licenses, and the right massaging techniques and postures.
Additionally, you will need these essential requirements:
- Get a bachelor’s degree in the massage therapy program
- Pass license examination
- Fulfill the massage practical requirements
- Acquire your state’s license
- Complete all requirements for certification
- Look for the massage therapy job in nearby places
How Much Does a Massage Therapist Earn?
The average hourly salary that you are likely to earn when you work as a masseuse is about $30.79 in the US.
You can also venture deeper into the food industry to work as a baker. This is one of the most ideal jobs for people with anxiety disorders. The food industry provides endless job opportunities which include baking.
Although the baking work may look tedious, you can rest assured that it will be rewarding in the long run. This is the case especially during this time of the pandemic where chefs and home bakers are trying their best to meet the growing demand for food for those staying at home.
Working in your home can give you comfort given that you will be your own boss. As such, this option can enable you to make a substantial amount of money by selling your baked food products to nearby customers. Most importantly, baking can ultimately reduce anxiety levels, leaving you feeling relaxed and satisfied.
A baker has also been referred to as a pastry chef. If you become one you should be ready to prepare baked items that you can sell. However, you will need to research thoroughly, explore every possibility and create as many recipes as possible in addition to discovering new ingredients that will enhance your results.
Duties and responsibilities of a baker include:
- Come up with competitive recipes
- Be able to manage supplies and inventory properly
- Supervise and manage the production team while keeping a close eye on the quality
- Ensure that the working area and storage space are clean and organized
- Make sure that the final product looks great and presentable
- Do some research to refine your baking process
- Manage all the storage and utensils
How Much Does a Baker Earn?
If you are an experienced baker, you can earn an average salary of $33,786 annually.
12. Makeup Artist
In this era of beauty products, you can take up a job as a beauty artist to help you earn a living while managing your anxiety disorder. You can advertise your skills through social media platforms such as Instagram, Youtube, and Facebook.
Your task as a makeup artist will be to offer general makeup services to your clients, providing facial aesthetics, and creating custom looks. Also, you will be responsible for generating unique looks that fulfill the demands of your clients.
Here are additional functions of a makeup artist:
- Use of the best products on the market to enhance the clients’ facial aesthetics
- Create custom looks depending on the clients’ specifications
- Working with celebrities, actors, and public profiles on various sets and destinations
- Removal of makeup after a show or event
- Choosing the most desirable makeup materials and colors to suit multiple skin types
- Creation of FX prosthetics
- Work alongside other professionals such as fashion designers, hairstylist, and many others
- Should be fully aware of different makeup designs and color palettes
- Should always be informed about the newest trends and demands on the market
- Be able to refer to models, celebrities, and cosmopolitan magazines for more ideas
- Should be aware of the market, nature, or expectations from the clients
- Possess a complete makeup toolkit and know-how and where to use each tool
- Should be skillful enough to handle different makeup techniques
- Should be mindful of the client’s skincare requirements
- Follow the laid down safety and health regulations
You need the following qualifications to become a skillful makeup artist:
- Get formal education
- Enroll in a makeup art college or learn the right skills from the makeup gurus available on various platforms
- Do a lot of practice till you get everything right
- Have a strong portfolio
- Look for a makeup artist’s job around you
- Market yourself
Most artists are considered to be resourceful individuals in rehabilitation therapy for anxiety patients. However, makeup artists may as well be anxious when it comes to fulfilling their client’s needs.
To be comfortable in this profession, you should consider these helpful tips:
- Get quality sleep
- Be optimistic about the outcome of your work
- Plan and prepare in advance
- Just relax your mind during the whole makeup process
- Practice deep breathing to ease your tension
- Believe in your ability to perform better
- Adjust your client’s dissatisfaction by solving any issues boldly
How Much Does a Makeup Artist Earn?
When you work as a makeup artist, you should expect to earn an average of $32.23 per hour.
Anxiety can be a reason for mental health issues. Click the button below to book your appointment.
13. Social Media Manager
A social media manager can be anyone who takes up the task of managing social media accounts while performing various duties. Also, a social media manager might be a talented person who is equipped with the current technologies and well updated with the ongoing social media trends.
Most importantly, the person should possess the best communication skills and be confident enough to represent a given company. Certainly, this job is perfect for someone with an anxiety disorder since it is peaceful and less tedious.
The job itself entails the following:
- Perform in-depth research to find out what the audience prefers
- Create an effective social media strategy
- Come up with engaging content daily
- Be ready to collaborate with other departments
- Handle public queries and each comment promptly
- Design account layouts, logos, and trademarks for the company
- Spread brand awareness to promote the company
- Stay abreast with the latest trends
- Should be familiar with SEO optimization
For you to come to a social manager, you should have these qualifications:
- Have a bachelor’s degree especially in the social media marketing or a related field
- Have knowledge of various works related to graphic design, web design, and content promotion
- Acquire desirable communication skills
- Have a strong portfolio ready
- Be ready to deliver competent and immersive content ideas
- Have experience in handling personal account
- Work closely with the company or organization they are working for
How Much Does a Social Media Manager Earn?
On average, a social media manager can earn an annual salary of about $51,795.
Protect yourself from the dangers of anxiety and click the banner below to book your appointment.
14. Uber Driver
You must be aware of the existence of Uber. This is a modern, safe transportation company that operates taxi services in various cities. As a Uber driver, your work will involve picking riders in one location and dropping them at their desired destination. The best part of working as a driver under Uber is the freedom you will enjoy and this is quite perfect for someone suffering from anxiety.
To qualification as a Uber driver, you need the following:
- Aged 21 years or above
- Have a high-school diploma
- Own a car
- Acquire a valid license
- Possess a clean driving license
- Be familiar with the apps or navigation maps
- Have good communication skills
- Abide with the Uber company’s policies
How Much Does an Uber Driver Earn?
The average Uber driver salary can be $28,772 per year in the US.
15. Grocery Store Clerk
If you want a less stressful job, you should consider the grocery store clerk position. Your task will entail managing the store operations while keeping everything organized in ordination to handling customers as required.
Qualifications for one to be a grocery store clerk is as follows:
- Be ready to work efficiently
- Have high communication or interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with other workers
- Should be able to do some lifting work
- Have organizational skills
- Be patient
The expected salary for you while working as a grocery clerk in the US may depend on your skills and experience. On average, a grocery store clerk can earn up to $21.71 in an hour.
16. English Teacher
You can work as an English teacher in various institutions and schools. In this case, you can choose to teach English literature or the English language. Your main task will be to deliver the English language aspects through the laid-down course on the learner’s academic levels.
To teach English, you will need the following qualifications:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in literature or English language
- Possess communication and organizational skills
- Understand the curriculum
- Be ready to work in a classroom setup
As an English teacher, you should look forward to an average salary of $51,819 per year.
17. Data Entry Operator
When you choose to work as a data entry operator, your duties will involve organizing and gathering proper information by creating high-quality databases for your company. The duties are simple and straightforward, making this job ideal for people with anxiety. All you will have to do is to enter correct data and maintain the account of the company’s databases. Additional responsibility will include updating data frequently.
Requirements for data entry operator job include:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use machines such as printers, fax machines, desktops, and many others
- Be trustworthy and confidential
- Possess good command of the relevant language, spellings, and grammar
Your expected salary while working as a data entry operator in the US can range from $40,000 to $70,000 annually.
18. Web Developer
The main responsibility of a web developer is to design a unique layout that targets a certain audience. Also, web developers have the responsibility to maintain their sites from time to time. And this is a recommended job for people with anxiety.
You don’t necessarily have to acquire a degree to be a web developer. Instead, you can enroll in short courses in a college to acquire the right skills. Afterward, you may enroll in an organization for relevant certification and experience.
As a web developer, you can specialize and work in:
- IT Consultancies
- Web design Companies
- Software Companies
- Computer Systems
A web developer can earn an average salary of $ 74,950 a year.
Looking for medicinal anxiety treatment? Click the button below to book your appointment.
Landscaping is a fun job for anyone with anxiety. The job provides lots of outdoor exposure to help curb your anxiety symptoms. Your task may involve building greenbelts, tending to gardens, looking after parks, trimming ornamental plants, cleaning facilities, and maintaining greeneries around homes.
To become a landscaper, you should have a high school diploma or two years of relevant experience. Besides, you should possess a vast knowledge about different plants, fertilizers, pests, and equipment used while working in the field.
Your average salary in the US will be approximately $17.02 an hour.
The best thing about photography is that it allows you to be self-employed. What is more, you can turn photography into a hobby to make you satisfied, relax your mind, and generate some income. Later, you can turn your photography masterpieces into virtual displays on various online platforms such as Pinterest. Also, you can extend your skills to covering events like weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries, and others. You may also become a real estate photographer or a fashion photographer.
To get started, you will need these requirements:
- Enroll in a reliable photography program
- Do internships
- Get certifications
- Pass credentials examinations
- Start at the entry-level photography job
- Gain more experience while exploring more significant projects
Photography salary in the US can be around $66,709 annually.
21. Plant Nursery Attendant
You can choose to be a plant nursery attendant, especially if you have anxiety problems. Your work will be all about the usual gardening, budding, watering, controlling weeds, and tending to a plant nursery when necessary.
The job will require you to carry out the following tasks:
- Temperature control
- Budding layering
- Operate tools
- Present floral displays
To qualify for a plant nursery gardening job, you should have an equivalent of a 12th school grade. Additional skills include gardening and the use of various manual or automatic machinery. Another requirement is a valid driving license to transport plants and gardening supplies. Once you have these requirements you can look for a job in agricultural, developmental, and horticultural industries.
Your average pay in the US will be around $93,398 per year.
Want help with anxiety? Click the button below to book your appointment.
There you have it! Top 21 low-pressure jobs for people with anxiety. This compilation will help you make a sound decision in the kind of field you want to venture into despite your anxiety condition. Each job category is carefully considered to give you minimum or no stressors to help you manage your social anxiety disorder.